Frequently Asked Questions
Palm Beach Opera 2021 Festival
To submit a question that you would like to have answered, please contact us at email@example.com.
Updated as of 2/10/20. Please view our Festival Guide for the latest festival updates and more event details.
- Will Palm Beach Opera present live opera for the 20-21 Season? Yes! Palm Beach Opera is excited to present its first-ever outdoor festival, featuring live performances of La bohème, Pagliacci, and Die Zauberflöte (The Magic Flute) at iTHINK Financial Amphitheatre from February 19-27, 2021.
- Is PBO still performing its previously announced season? No, Palm Beach Opera has adapted its previously announced indoor Kravis performances to its new outdoor festival.
- Why isn’t PBO presenting operas at the Kravis Center for the Arts in 2021? In order to ensure the safety and well-being of our patrons, artists, and staff, PBO believes presenting at an outdoor venue will allow the organization to meet and exceed all COVID safety protocols. PBO is fortunate to have such a large amphitheater that is close, available, provides a covered roof for seating, and has ample seating and amenities on site.
- Where is the iTHINK Financial Amphitheatre? The iTHINK Financial Ampitheatre (formerly known as the Coral Sky Ampitheatre) is at the South Florida Fairgrounds. The iTHINK Financial Ampitheatre is located just north of Southern Boulevard on Sansburys Way: 601-7 Sansburys Way, West Palm Beach, FL 33411.
- What is the PBO Festival? Palm Beach Opera’s 2021 Festival will present three operas in a semi-staged concert format at the open-air amphitheater. The singers will be in concert dress and joined by the Palm Beach Opera Orchestra and Chorus on stage. The iTHINK Ampitheatre has 6,000 seats under a covered roof, which allows ample room for concert attendees to socially distance. Visit the 2021 Festival page to discover the cast and view the schedule of events.
- How long are the operas and will there be intermissions?
Total event time: 2 hours and 30 minutes
Four Acts | One intermission
Die Zauberflöte (The Magic Flute)
Total event time: 2 hours and 30 minutes
Two Acts | One intermission
Total event time: 2 hours
One Act | One intermission
- What services and amenities will be available at the iTHINK Financial Amphitheatre? PBO is currently assessing what services we will safely be able to provide, which will enhance the patron experience, including but not limited to restroom facilities, concessions, comfortable seating, and available lounge areas for intermission. There will be ample parking, including both VIP parking and self-parking available. There is a moderate walk from the self-park lot to the amphitheater. PBO will continue to announce what services and amenities will be available in the coming weeks.
- What health and safety precautions are PBO taking for performers and patrons? PBO will take every step possible to meet and exceed all current and future COVID protocols. PBO staff is working closely with LiveNation, who own and operate the iTHINK Financial Amphitheatre, as well as Palm Beach County employees tasked with the safe reopening of Palm Beach County. Masks will be required for all attendees, seating will be socially distanced—at least six feet will be between each seating pod—and additional disinfectant and cleaning measures will be in place. There will be clearly marked signs and wayfinding, limited capacity restrooms—cleaning crews will attend to restrooms regularly—and recommended entry times, ensuring that patrons remain socially distanced throughout the event. Performances on stage will be socially distanced per now industry standards. As safety protocols develop and evolve, PBO will be communicating regularly with its patrons about these changes. The health and safety of our staff, patrons, and artists is our first and foremost priority.
- What do I do if I have already purchased tickets or a subscription for the 2021 season? If you have already purchased series tickets for our Lunch & Learns or Opening Night Dinners, or a subscription for the 20-21 season, they will be automatically rolled over to the 21-22 season. There is no action required on your part to ensure that you have your series secured, or preferred mainstage seats and performances when PBO returns to the Kravis Center in 2022 with mainstage opera performances for its 60th anniversary season. If you would like to opt-out of a rollover, please contact our box office to discuss alternative options including making a donation to PBO, receiving a credit to be used for upcoming performances this season, or other opportunities.
- How, when, and where can I buy tickets for the 2021 Festival? Tickets are available to purchase on Ticketmaster.com and on our website here. Please note that Ticketmaster purchases are nonrefundable unless the event is canceled. Read more about their purchasing policy here. For the best online purchasing experience, we recommend using internet browsers Chrome, Safari or Firefox.
- Will PBO be providing a digital stream of the 2021 Festival? We will not be providing a digital stream of the festival.
- What about other PBO events planned for 2021? This season, Palm Beach Opera will present the first Discovery Series concert. I Capuleti e i Montecchi, performed by Palm Beach Opera’s artists in residence, is Vincenzo Bellini’s sensuous bel canto opera based on the celebrated tale of Romeo and Juliet. One performance only! March 21, 2021 at 2 pm at The Pavilion at Old School Square in Delray Beach. Socially distanced pod seating will be available for audiences of all ages. Pods will be available for purchase on pbopera.org on March 1st.