Frequently Asked Questions
Palm Beach Opera 2021 Festival
To submit a question that you would like to have answered, please contact us at email@example.com.
Updated as of 10/23/20. This page will be updated on a weekly basis.
- Will Palm Beach Opera present live opera for the 20-21 Season? Yes! Palm Beach Opera is excited to present its first-ever outdoor festival, featuring live performances of La bohème, Pagliacci, and Die Zauberflöte (The Magic Flute) at iTHINK Financial Amphitheatre from February 19-27, 2021.
- Is PBO still performing its previously announced season? No, Palm Beach Opera has adapted its previously announced indoor Kravis performances to its new outdoor festival.
- Why isn’t PBO presenting operas at the Kravis Center for the Arts in 2021? In order to ensure the safety and well-being of our patrons, artists, and staff, PBO believes presenting at an outdoor venue will allow the organization to meet and exceed all COVID safety protocols. PBO is fortunate to have such a large amphitheater that is close, available, provides a covered roof for seating, and has ample seating and amenities on site.
- Where is the iTHINK Financial Amphitheatre? The iTHINK Financial Ampitheatre (formerly known as the Coral Sky Ampitheatre) is at the South Florida Fairgrounds. The iTHINK Financial Ampitheatre is located just north of Southern Boulevard on Sansburys Way: 601-7, Sansburys Way, West Palm Beach, FL 33411.
- What is the PBO Festival? Palm Beach Opera’s 2021 Festival will present three operas in a semi-staged concert format at the open-air amphitheater. The singers will be in concert dress and joined by the Palm Beach Opera Orchestra and Chorus on stage. The iTHINK Ampitheatre has 6,000 seats under a covered roof, which allows ample room for concert attendees to socially distance. In the coming weeks, PBO will announce the casting for each production. View the 2021 Festival page for the full schedule and casting updates.
- How long are the operas and will there be intermissions?
Total event time: 2 hours and 30 minutes
Four Acts | One intermission
Die Zauberflöte (The Magic Flute)
Total event time: 2 hours and 30 minutes
Two Acts | One intermission
Total event time: 2 hours
One Act | One intermission
- What services and amenities will be available at the iTHINK Financial Amphitheatre? PBO is currently assessing what services we will safely be able to provide, which will enhance the patron experience, including but not limited to restroom facilities, concessions, comfortable seating, and available lounge areas for intermission. There will be ample parking, including VIP parking. PBO will announce what services and amenities will be available in the coming weeks.
- What health and safety precautions are PBO taking for performers and patrons? PBO will take every step possible to meet and exceed all current and future COVID protocols. PBO staff is working closely with LiveNation, who own and operate the iTHINK Financial Amphitheatre, as well as Palm Beach County employees tasked with the safe reopening of Palm Beach County. Masks will be required for all attendees, and patrons will be socially distanced throughout the ample seating at the amphitheater—at least six feet will be between each seating pod. Additional disinfectant and cleaning measures will be in place. There will be clearly marked signs and wayfinding to ensure that patrons remain socially distanced while entering and exiting the amphitheater. PBO will use a contactless ticketing system as well. Performances on stage will be socially distanced per now industry standards. As safety protocols develop and evolve, PBO will be communicating regularly with its patrons about these changes. The health and safety of our staff, patrons, and artists is our first and foremost priority.
- What do I do if I have already purchased tickets or a subscription for the 2021 season? If you have already purchased series tickets for our Lunch & Learns or Opening Night Dinners, or a subscription for the 20-21 season, they will be automatically rolled over to the 21-22 season. There is no action required on your part to ensure that you have your series secured, or preferred mainstage seats and performances when PBO returns to the Kravis Center in 2022 with mainstage opera performances for its 60th anniversary season. If you would like to opt-out of a rollover, please contact our box office to discuss alternative options including making a donation to PBO, receiving a credit to be used for upcoming performances this season, or other opportunities.
- How, when, and where can I buy tickets for the 2021 Festival? Individual tickets will be available for purchase on Nov. 16 on Ticketmaster.com. Please note that Ticketmaster purchases are nonrefundable unless the event is canceled. Read more about their purchasing policy here. Tickets will also be available to purchase on our website at pbopera.org on Dec. 15. Single tickets will start at $20. PBO will be sending out regular updates via email regarding the on-sale date for tickets, packages, and other offers.
- Will PBO be providing a digital stream of the 2021 Festival? We are working with our artists and the venue to assess the viability of providing a live or time-delayed video feed of the performances.
- What about other PBO events planned for 2021? In the coming weeks, please check your email and our website for updates regarding our Discovery Series performance on March 21st, and what programming we may be reimagining into an exciting digital or virtual format, including our Lunch & Learn Program. PBO is working diligently to ensure that these programs can continue in a way that is safe and accessible for all.