2021 FESTIVAL GUIDE
This is your guide for everything you need to know about PBO’s 2021 Festival.
PBO is delighted to welcome you to its first outdoor, open-air opera festival. Your experience and safety are important to us. Make the most out of your festival experience with this guide. Enjoy local restaurants, stay at South Florida’s unique hotels, and learn more about what to expect at Palm Beach Opera’s first-ever, outdoor, open-air festival. This festival guide was updated on Friday, January 8.
Here you will find information about:
- PBO’s Festival App
- Directions and Parking
- Local Restaurants and Hotels
- Health and Safety Protocols
- Venue Amenities
To ensure you feel secure and comfortable at all times, PBO is working closely with medical experts from across Florida to create a safe environment for our artists, staff, and patrons. Enhanced, comprehensive health and safety protocols recommended by the CDC and our medical advisors will be followed and strictly enforced for the benefit of everyone. Please help us by planning your visit and take the time to read our guide below.
All festival performances will take place under the covered roof at the outdoor, open-air venue. Safety protocols at the festival will include social distancing, mandatory masks, enhanced sanitization, and health screening among other measures. We continue to work closely with the amphitheater’s safety protocol requirements to adhere to the following risk-mitigating principles.
Please note the Health and Safety Plan may change and PBO will regularly update this page with any new developments. Check this page or the PBO App for the latest updates prior to your visit.
Before you Arrive
Download the PBO App
Palm Beach Opera will be using an app for the 2021 Festival. This app will contain pertinent information about the cast, the operas, the venue, and the most up-to-date health and safety protocols. This app will replace the traditional program book offered at PBO’s mainstage events. The app will be ready to download for Apple and Andriod devices on February 15, 2021.
Through the app, all patrons will take a required health screening questionnaire prior to all performances.
The iTHINK Financial Amphitheatre is located at 601-7 Sansburys Way, West Palm Beach, FL 33411.
PBO Recommends using Apple Maps, Google Maps, or Waze. Simply enter the above address for directions.
From I-95: Exit 68: Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 68 for US-98/FL-80 toward Southern Blvd. Follow US-98/Southern Blvd to your destination. Use the left 3 lanes to turn left onto FL-80 W/US-98/Southern Blvd. Keep left to continue on US-98/Southern Blvd. Turn right onto Sansburys Way. Then turn left, turn left, turn right, and turn right. Destination will be on the right.
From Florida’s Turnpike: Exit 97: US-98/SR-80/Southern Boulevard at the Southern Boulevard exit. Continue right on Southern Boulevard for 1.2 miles towards Sansburys Way to the iTHINK Financial Amphitheatre. Then turn left, turn left, turn right, and turn right. Destination will be on the right.
Where to Stay
- Hampton Inn & Suites, 2155 Wellington Green Dr., Wellington, FL 33414
- The Ben, Autograph Collection, 251 N. Narcissus Ave., West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- Hilton West Palm Beach, 600 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- West Palm Beach Marriott, 1001 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- Residence Inn by Marriott West Palm Beach Downtown/Rosemary Square Area, 455 Hibiscus St., West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Where to Eat
- Bimini Twist, 8480 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach, FL 33411
- Kaluz Restaurant, 2025 Wellington Green Dr., Wellington, FL 33414
- Oli’s Fashion Cuisine, 10610 Forest Hill Blvd. #20, Wellington, FL 33414
- Stonewood Grill & Tavern, 10120 Forest Hill Blvd. #110, Wellington, FL 33414
- Tub Tim Thai & Sushi Restaurant, 2815 State Rd. 7, Wellington, FL 33414
- Lemongrass Asia Bistro, 10312 Forest Hill Blvd., #204, Wellington, FL 33414
- Kontiki Wine & Raw Bar Restaurant, 13860 Wellington Trace, #21-22, Wellington, FL 33414
- Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza, 1000 S. State Rd 7, Wellington, FL 33414
- Ford’s Garage, 10300 Forest Hill Blvd., Suite 122, Wellington, FL 33414
What to Wear
The iTHINK Financial Amphitheatre is a very large outdoor venue with both grassy and paved terrain. We encourage patrons to dress comfortably, wear comfortable walking shoes, and check the weather before attending. While all of the seats are covered, South Florida weather can change quickly.
At the Venue
There is ample parking at the venue. Plan for a short walk from the self-park lot to the amphitheater.
- General parking is free for all patrons attending a performance.
- To ensure a touchless experience, there is no valet.
- All vehicles, including VIP parking, is self-parking.
- Parking attendants will assist at lots to ensure social distancing and will remain 6 feet away from all vehicles.
- VIP Parking assignments will be provided by PBO staff members Alexandra Richter and Jennifer Siesel.
- ADA parking and drop-off is available near the entrance.
The iTHINK Financial Amphitheatre has 6,000 seats under a roof. PBO will limit seating for all performances to 1,800 to allow for maximum socially distanced seating. This is an open air venue, which provides a unique and safe environment with naturally circulating air, aided by industrial ceiling fans in the facility.
All patrons will receive a recommended entry time for each performance to help maintain social distancing while entering the venue. Event staff will be present at all locations to enforce safety protocols. There will be multiple touchless hand sanitizer stations available for patrons at the entrance and throughout the venue.
All patrons are required to take a health screening questionnaire prior to any performance attendance through the PBO app. Temperatures will also be taken by the venue’s medical staff upon entry into amphitheater. Any patron that registers a temperature above 100.4⁰F will not be allowed entry.
All PBO staff and amphitheater employees will take a health screening questionnaire before arriving at the venue and all PBO staff and venue employees will have their temperature taken before entering the facility. PBO staff will be tested regularly before and during the festival for COVID-19. Any employees with a temperature above 100.4⁰F will be sent home.
All staff and patrons will be required to wear masks. Masks will be provided upon entry to any patrons who needs one.
Socially distanced seating is required by county and state ordinances within the amphitheater. PBO will limit capacity to 1,800 to allow for maximum social distancing. Seating and rows will be staggered, and the first three rows of the venue have been blocked off to ensure audiences are at least 15 feet away from artists on stage.
Tickets will be sold as designated “pods” to maintain physical distancing between each group of ticketholders attending together, with the expectation that patrons will be attending events with family members they have been sheltering with and/or trusted acquaintances.
PBO and the venue are working on how best to provide touchless ticketing for all patrons.
The venue will have clear signage to help maintain social distancing and wayfinding. COVID-19 protocols will be prevalent at the venue and on display on large screens. Social distance signage will also appear throughout the venue in locations such as parking spaces, entry gates, restrooms, and concessions.
- The venue appointed an Environmental Health and Safety Supervisor to ensure policies are in accordance with the most current health directives and are stritctly enforced.
- The venue appointed a Sanitation Manager, responsible for overseeing cleaning and disinfection, to be present at every performance.
- All venue employees are required to complete a cleaning and sanitation course.
- Multiple touchless hand sanitizer units will be placed throughout the facility.
- There will be additional cleaning and disinfecting of restrooms and at other high-touch areas.
- High-touch surfaces include door handles, buttons, handrails, sink handles, toilets, ATMs, seats, touch screens, turnstiles, vestibules, and water fountains.
- Before and after each event, the venue will use a peroxide-based disinfection spray on all high-touch areas.
All restrooms will have limited capacity and distancing will be enforced near and inside the restrooms. Restrooms will have installed foot pedal door openers on each stall and will be cleaned and disinfected every 30 minutes.
A variety of food and beverage offerings will be conveniently available for purchase at multiple concession stands. Food and beverages will be permitted throughout the venue and at pods/seats.
PBO will be extending intermission time to 40 minutes to allow for all patrons to safely use facilities. Patrons invited to intermission receptions will be contacted by PBO staff members Alexandra Richter and Jennifer Siesel for admission procedures and information. Safety protocols, including social distancing and mandatory masks, will be strictly enforced at all receptions.