BOX OFFICE ASSOCIATE
Palm Beach Opera is looking for a cheerful, energetic, and enthusiastic problem solver who has a passion for sales and customer service. We need someone who has the ability to handle multiple priorities in high stress situations with a positive outlook. The perfect candidate will have the unique ability to anticipate patron needs and to make informed recommendations.
This is a full-time position as a key member of the Box Office staff. This position works in close collaboration with all members of the Patron Engagement Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process ticket orders by phone and in person at Palm Beach Opera events.
- Assist in managing the patron database.
- Respond to queries by email and phone.
- Process cash and credit card transactions.
- Consistently provide excellent customer service to all patrons and respond promptly to customer inquiries and requests.
- Receive and respond to a wide range of public inquiries, disputes, complaints, and special issues.
- Assist Box Office Manager with subscriber customer service.
- Identify upgrade/upsell opportunities during the sales process.
- Cultivate and process group ticket purchases.
- Foster relationships with potential and current group leaders to maintain and increase group ticket purchases.
- Work with the Director of Communications to create and implement group marketing initiatives.
- Assist with list pulling and data mining projects.
- Handle daily bank deposits.
- Attend expos and events as a representative of Palm Beach Opera.
- One to three years Box Office experience working with CRM-style ticketing systems. Performing arts ticketing experience is a plus.
- Must enjoy working with the public and possess excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Proficiency in Ticketing or CRM applications (such as ProVenue, ChoiceCRM, Tessitura, Salesforce, Sugar CRM, etc.).
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Willingness to acquire new skills as it becomes necessary
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license required
- Flexible schedule that will require working some nights and weekends during season.
- This position may require some heavy lifting over 25 lbs.
The salary range for this position is $25,000 to $30,000 per year, depending on qualifications.
Please forward your cover letter and résumé in pdf format to: email@example.com
Palm Beach Opera is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex, age, familial status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability or genetic information.
Palm Beach Opera offers internships for students interested in a career in a non-profit arts organization. Interns will be exposed to many facets of the administrative office responsible for the operation of the organization and will develop an understanding of how the non-profit arts world operates.
Internships are available in the following areas: Development/Fundraising, Administration, Finance, Marketing/Public Relations and Special Events.
Interns must demonstrate strong computer, written and oral communication, and organization skills; the ability to perform multiple tasks with attention to detail. They must maintain a professional manner including attitude and attire and be able to interface successfully with a variety of personalities.
Internships are unpaid and require a minimum of 20 hours a week (scheduling is flexible) during regular office hours (9:00am to 5:00pm). Intern may also be asked to attend evening events and/or weekend performances. Palm Beach Opera’s office is located in West Palm Beach, Florida and does not provide housing, transportation, or relocation costs. Assignments will be based on the interest and qualifications of the intern and the needs of each individual department.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to PBOHR@pbopera.org
Palm Beach Opera is an equal opportunity employer.
We are now expanding the talent pool of supernumeraries for our 2016 Season. Whether an expert or a novice, all are welcome! Each production has a limited number of supernumerary roles (or extras). These people perform as guards, sailors, townsfolk, matadors, clergy, etc. according to the needs of the production.
We are looking for enthusiastic and dependable people of all ages and types. As a member of our silent but critically important supernumerary cast, you’ll receive a stipend, get tickets to dress rehearsals, meet new people, and have lots of fun! To be considered and added to our active list, call Scott Guzielek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palm Beach Opera offers exciting volunteer opportunities to both students and adults. Volunteers provide vital support by assisting various departments with mailings, customer service, attending opera functions and so much more. If you are interested in becoming a Palm Beach Opera volunteer please contact us at 561.833.7888 or email email@example.com.
If you would like to be considered for a position at Palm Beach Opera, please submit a cover letter and resume specifying area of interest to PBOHR@pbopera.org.