Palm Beach Opera Box Office
415 South Olive Avenue
West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
561.833.7888 or email@example.com
415 S. Olive Avenue
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
The Kravis Center for the Performing Arts
801 Okeechobee Boulevard
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
561.833.7888 or firstname.lastname@example.org
561.833.7888 or email@example.com
Palm Beach Opera receives ticket donation requests from hundreds of organizations for fundraising events and charitable causes.
Thanks to the generosity of our patrons, corporate partners, and foundations, we are able to help our community by granting a limited number of requests each year.
Currently Palm Beach Opera supports over 35 Palm Beach County partners each season through ticket donations.
Donation Criteria and Guidelines
- Palm Beach Opera will consider ticket donation requests from other 501(c)(3) organizations only.
- Donation requests must be on your organization’s letterhead (whether print or electronic) and include the name of the event, date of the event, and what the event supports.
- Due to the dates of our mainstage opera season, only events that occur between November and March will be considered.
- All donation requests must be received a minimum of one month prior to the date of the event.
To submit your donation request, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to Palm Beach Opera, 415 S. Olive Avenue, West Palm Beach, FL 33401.
RFP: GRAPHIC DESIGN & SEASON BRANDING
DIRECTOR OF PRODUCTION
This position requires 6 months in residence in Palm Beach County with the remaining 6 months working remotely.
Palm Beach Opera is looking for a positive-thinking, approachable leader with ability to effortlessly interact with a wide range of personalities from stagehands to board members. The perfect candidate will have 3-5 years of production knowledge, preferably in the opera industry, established contacts in the opera community, a willingness to be creative and try new ways to produce opera.
This position is part of the Artistic and Production Department, and is responsible for overseeing all production and facilities-related activities. This position works collaboratively with the senior peer group and reports to the Director of Artistic Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all technical aspects of production including scenery, lighting, properties, wardrobe, wigs/make-up, sound and surtitles for productions at the Kravis Center and other non-Kravis venues.
- Create and maintain strict adherence for all operating budgets as they pertain to the productions and facilities.
- Originate AutoCad or VectorWorks production ground plans and hanging plots for use by lighting designers, stage management and IATSE crew heads.
- Maintain inventory of company production assets and be in charge of all company warehousing.
- Oversee Production Center and Warehouse facility maintenance, upkeep and improvements.
- Participate in the planning of future productions and seasons with the General Director and Director of Artistic Operations. Source, evaluate, and recommend scenery, costumes and lighting designers for future PBO productions.
- Responsible as the direct supervisor for all production staff including IATSE stagehands, stage management, and any other production personnel.
- Participate in negotiations of union agreements, hire, manage and coach production personnel as necessary.
- 3-5 years’ experience in all aspects of artistic production, preferably in the opera industry
- Level-headed leader with the ability to stay calm during stressful situations
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in print
- Bachelor’s degree in an arts-related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, & PowerPoint)
- AutoCad and VectorWorks experience required
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license required
- Flexible schedule that will require working some nights and weekends during season.
- This position will require some heavy lifting over 25 lbs.
Please forward your cover letter and resume in pdf format to: email@example.com
Palm Beach Opera is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex, age, familial status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability or genetic information.
Palm Beach Opera offers internships for students interested in a career in a non-profit arts organization. Interns will be exposed to many facets of the administrative office responsible for the operation of the organization and will develop an understanding of how the non-profit arts world operates.
Internships are available in the following areas: Development/Fundraising, Administration, Finance, Marketing/Public Relations and Special Events.
Interns must demonstrate strong computer, written and oral communication, and organization skills; the ability to perform multiple tasks with attention to detail. They must maintain a professional manner including attitude and attire and be able to interface successfully with a variety of personalities.
Internships are unpaid and require a minimum of 20 hours a week (scheduling is flexible) during regular office hours (9:00am to 5:00pm). Intern may also be asked to attend evening events and/or weekend performances. Palm Beach Opera’s office is located in West Palm Beach, Florida and does not provide housing, transportation, or relocation costs. Assignments will be based on the interest and qualifications of the intern and the needs of each individual department.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to PBOHR@pbopera.org
Palm Beach Opera is an equal opportunity employer.
We are now expanding the talent pool of supernumeraries for our 2016 Season. Whether an expert or a novice, all are welcome! Each production has a limited number of supernumerary roles (or extras). These people perform as guards, sailors, townsfolk, matadors, clergy, etc. according to the needs of the production.
We are looking for enthusiastic and dependable people of all ages and types. As a member of our silent but critically important supernumerary cast, you’ll receive a stipend, get tickets to dress rehearsals, meet new people, and have lots of fun! To be considered and added to our active list, call Scott Guzielek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palm Beach Opera offers exciting volunteer opportunities to both students and adults. Volunteers provide vital support by assisting various departments with mailings, customer service, attending opera functions and so much more. If you are interested in becoming a Palm Beach Opera volunteer please contact us at 561.833.7888 or email email@example.com.
If you would like to be considered for a position at Palm Beach Opera, please submit a cover letter and resume specifying area of interest to PBOHR@pbopera.org.