Palm Beach Opera Box Office
415 South Olive Avenue
West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
561.833.7888 or email@example.com
415 S. Olive Avenue
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
The Kravis Center for the Performing Arts
801 Okeechobee Boulevard
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
561.833.7888 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Palm Beach Opera’s administrative and box offices are located in downtown West Palm Beach at 415 S. Olive Avenue.
Palm Beach Opera’s mainstage performances are held at The Kravis Center for the Performing Arts located at 701 Okeechobee Boulevard just east of I-95 in West Palm Beach.
LUNCH & LEARN SERIES
The Lunch & Learn Series events are held at The Royal Poinciana Chapel in Palm Beach.
Artistic & Production
Director of Artistic Operations: Scott Guzielek
Associate Conductor & Chorus Master: Greg Ritchey
Head Young Artist Coach: Timothy Cheung
Company Manager: Katy Reeves
Orchestra Personnel Manager: Michael Ellert
Finance & Administration
Director of Finance & Administration: Joe Cremona
Palm Beach Opera is looking for an efficient, high energy person to be our Development Assistant. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of two years administrative experience, preferably in a not-for-profit development setting, must be detail oriented and organized, with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure. Excellent oral and written communication skills and professional telephone etiquette are required. Superior computer skills, including Word and Excel, in addition to understanding donor management databases, are also required. CHOICE CRM software experience is a big plus.
- Maintain and update donor information through data entry into CHOICE CRM
- File, maintain and update physical donor files
- Manage gift stewardship process including acknowledgment letters
- Process letters, correspondence and memoranda as needed
- Handle administrative details associated with Board of Directors and Development Committee meetings (i.e. work collaboratively to prepare and distribute meeting notices, agendas, minutes, etc.)
- Assist with generating, compiling, and completing direct mail campaign mailings
- Availability to attend events for registration, set-up, break-down, etc. and assisting with special event coordination including management of RSVP lists
- Maintain volunteer program
- Provide other duties as assigned to support the functions of the Development Office
Skills and Specifications
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in business writing, procedures, and correspondence
- Effective presentation of information and strong spoken language skills for responding to questions from managers, patrons, and the general public
- Must have high level of computer proficiency in standard business software including: Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience in donor database applications. Choice CRM experience a big plus
Education and Qualifications
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2-3 years administrative experience – preferably in not-for-profit development
- Knowledge of standard opera repertoire desirable, but not required
The Opera offers competitive salary, generous benefits, and an excellent working environment. Please forward resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com.
EDUCATION & COMMUNITY OUTREACH MANAGER
Palm Beach Opera seeks a motivated team-player in the position of Education and Community Outreach Manager. Reporting to the Director of Marketing & PR, this position is responsible for Palm Beach Opera’s programs that engage our patrons, the community, K-12 students, teachers, and university-level students and personnel. The position encompasses three primary components: 1) School and Teacher Programs, 2) Audience Enrichment, and 3) Community Outreach.
We are looking for an individual with a background in arts education and hands-on experience in education program management to take a leadership role in growing Palm Beach Opera’s reach into schools, expanding audience development activities in the community, and enhancing the patron experience at the theater.
- Managing, booking, and enhancing programs K-12 students including classroom concerts, free dress rehearsal attendance, and apprentice programs.
- Overseeing value-added programming for audience development including pre-show lectures and post-show discussions with the artists.
- Researching, writing, and editing curriculum-based K-12 study guides and contributing to education and outreach marketing materials
- Marketing education and outreach activities to potential participants
- Networking in the educational community to enhance Palm Beach Opera’s relationship with school boards, school administrators, and teachers
- Other responsibilities as needed pertaining to education programs and community outreach initiatives.
Bachelor’s degree required. Ideal candidate will have 2-3 years experience in arts education, be familiar with the Palm Beach County education system, be a highly organized team player with the ability to multi-task, have exemplary verbal and written communication skills, and be able to manage a changing and varied workload.
Manage teaching artists and direct education program volunteers.
The ability and willingness to work flexible hours as needed is a requirement of the job. Employee is required to maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
Candidates who are selected for an interview will be required to bring samples of lesson plans, study guides, or other educational materials they have authored.
Please send resumes in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Palm Beach Opera offers internships for students interested in a career in a non-profit arts organization. Interns will be exposed to many facets of the administrative office responsible for the operation of the organization and will develop an understanding of how the non-profit arts world operates.
Internships are available in the following areas: Development/Fundraising, Administration, Finance, Marketing/Public Relations and Special Events.
Interns must demonstrate strong computer, written and oral communication, and organization skills; the ability to perform multiple tasks with attention to detail. They must maintain a professional manner including attitude and attire and be able to interface successfully with a variety of personalities.
Internships are unpaid and require a minimum of 20 hours a week (scheduling is flexible) during regular office hours (9:00am to 5:00pm). Intern may also be asked to attend evening events and/or weekend performances. Palm Beach Opera’s office is located in West Palm Beach, Florida and does not provide housing, transportation, or relocation costs. Assignments will be based on the interest and qualifications of the intern and the needs of each individual department.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to PBOHR@pbopera.org
Palm Beach Opera is an equal opportunity employer.
We are now expanding the talent pool of supernumeraries for our 2014 Season. Whether an expert or a novice, all are welcome! Each production has a limited number of supernumerary roles (or extras). These people perform as guards, sailors, townsfolk, matadors, clergy, etc. according to the needs of the production. It’s not always a glamorous job, but you could be onstage and backstage soaking up all of the excitement. We are looking for enthusiastic and dependable people of all ages and types. As a member of our silent but critically important supernumerary cast, you’ll receive a stipend, get tickets to dress rehearsals, meet new people, and have lots of fun! To be considered and added to our active list, call Katy Reeves (561) 835-7552 and leave a clear message with your name, address, email address, and phone number (and age if you are under 18) or email by email at email@example.com. Let us know if you have any special acrobatic or climbing skills.
Palm Beach Opera offers exciting volunteer opportunities to both students and adults. Volunteers provide vital support by assisting various departments with mailings, customer service, attending opera functions and so much more. If you are interested in becoming a Palm Beach Opera volunteer please contact us at 561.833.7888 or email PBOHR@pbopera.org.
If you would like to be considered for a position at Palm Beach Opera, please submit a cover letter and resume specifying area of interest to PBOHR@pbopera.org.